for feedback or questions! I reply to everyone.
Following this guide will make it much easier for me to upload your translation, since I won't have to do any modifications.
Back to the front page
- Visit the article you want to translate. For example, let's go for the Mozilla report.
- Use the
View source option in your web browser. In Pale Moon, that's right click and
View Page Source. Or you can use the Ctrl+U keyboard shortcut. The View Source step is essential - saving directly results in modifications that I have to undo later.
- Save the page. File > Save Page As... in Pale Moon, or Ctrl+S.
- Open the saved file in your favorite text editor, such as Geany.
- Now translate all the words. That's everything between the HTML tags. So:
<p>They are shameless - still trying to keep up the facade even when the same document refutes it later.</p>
<p>Są bezwstydni - nadal próbują utrzymać fasadę mimo tego, że ten sam dokument ją później obala.</p>
- Repeat that for every tag, then save the file (Ctrl+S).
- When you're finished, send me the translated file. If you don't want to learn PGP (but why not?), just use XMPP. Tell me your nickname and / or a site link if you want credit. Thanks!
- Note: you can also update translations! For that, you're going to have to compare the English and the translated versions to see what has changed (I don't track that). Otherwise, the process is the same, and you'll be credited along with the original translator (if you want).